The E3versation: Game Inquisitor's E3 Not-yet-facts

Monday, May 31, 2010



The Electronic Entertainment Expo, also known as E3 (pronounced Eth), is just around the corner. While most other gaming outlets are scrambling to get plane tickets and working to provide you in-depth coverage throughout the show, we here at The Game Inquisitor are resting on our laurels. But, frankly, we wanted the page hits that come with writing an E3 post, so I sat down in a dingy crawl space with fellow Game Inquisitor Truth Tzar, Travis "Brent Spiner" McReynolds, to discuss our predictions.

Travis: What are you most excited about from Nintendo this year?

Alex: Hmm, that's a toughy. I'm sort of curious to see what comes of Wii Music 2, what with it's giant hunk of plastic shaped like a keytar. I'm curious to see if they'll still keep their family-oriented approach to gaming, or if they'll go all out and include Cars by Gary Neuman. I mean, that song seems to be a given with the keyboards, but will parents frown on obvious date rape references like "Here in my car, I feel safest of all. I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live"?

Travis: That's a good question. Nintendo clearly has great PR on their side, but date rape's image is less than stellar. The keytar, often seen as something of a sex-symbol in modern music, does seem a little risqué for the big N.

I'm more interested in the Wii Vitality Sensor and how, exactly, it will link up to the Obamacare satellites orbiting overhead. Clearly, big brother has already won. I'm just excited to see how the Nintendo health overlords will dispense my medication.avis: That's a good question. Nintendo clearly has great PR on their side, but date rape's image is less than stellar. The keytar, often seen as something of a sex-symbol in modern music, does seem a little risque for the big N.

Alex: My guess is that Doctor Mario is involved somehow. The Wii Vitality Sensor will be interesting to see, but I've heard rumors that they are going to show it off along with the stateside release of Captain Rainbow. Nintendo is obviously trying to court the gay market -- and who can blame them, those gays have a lot of money from all that prostitution -- but they could easily alienate their family-friendly, primarily republican based audience. I mean, I don't wanna see some gay sticking that sensor on things. That's icky.

Travis: I'm a homeless man talking to another homeless man under a staircase that leads to a closed Walgreens, so far be it from me to criticize, but yeah, that's icky.

A Wii Vitality sensor on anyone who isn't a red-blooded heterosexual makes me want to vomit. I can't, mostly because I already did only a moment ago, but it makes me want to.

Alex: Jeez, well I'm going to guess that they'll be taking as many things out of their systems as possible, and then raising the price. I mean, now that online connectivity from the PSPGo was stripped out and they made it so that you have to go to your local Meijer store -- a grocery store that is only located in 5 states within the midwest -- I think the precedent is set. My guess is that they will be phasing out the PS3 Slim and releasing a PS3 Super Fat, while at the same time gutting everything that you don't need to play the Blu-Ray copy of Spiderman that they ship it with.

As far as their handheld goes, I'm thinking it's about time they completely fracture their user-base again. A PSPGo2 and PSP2 will most definitely be announced, and their media definitely won't be able to be shared. You think they'll add a second analog nub?

Travis: I heard a rumor from a guy in the Texaco parking lot (he was wearing a neck-tie, so you know he's legit) that there will be a different SKU for every PSP2 sold. Some will have 2 nubs, others 3, some none at all. You might get a PSP2 that's backwards compatible, you might get one that only plays reruns of Night Court. It's the luck of the draw that makes the experience fun!

Also, the PSP2 will only be able to connect to the Internet via 3G wireless on the Sprint network. Cause fuck you, that's why.

I think you're right on with the PS3 Super Fat. I've heard this SKU will forego the Blu-ray player in favor of the clearly superior, and now much cheaper, HD DVD format. Those sly little shits at Sony bought up all the HD DVD players on close out, but who's laughing now? Not a rhetorical question- who is that I hear laughing?

Alex: I think that's just Maniacal Mac. Him and Shifty Pete have been getting into it lately, and he always waits until Pete passes out and then pees on him while laughing maniacally, hence the name. But as far as who is laughing in the game industry, its gotta be Microsoft, right? I mean, it's almost a given at this point that they will be "pulling a Saturn" and surprise releasing the Xbox 8Billion at their press conference. I mean, at this point they're stupid to think anyone still believes their little Natal prank.

You think they're laughing to the bank, or to the back of the McDonalds where Shifty Pete and I get our lunch every day?

Travis: You never invited me to the McDonalds. It's no big deal, you son of a bitch, just saying is all.

Microsoft is definitely fucking with us on this Natal thing. This may just be the paranoia talking (that's crazy, right?), but a camera on a game console? We don't even have colonies on the moon yet. Baby steps.

Xbox 8Billion is a sure thing. It's gonna be in HD, it's gonna be in 3D, and it's gonna have a sequel to A Kingdom for Keflings. No way it can be stopped.

Alex: Wait, you haven't heard of Microsoft's moon colony? What the hell am I paying you so many rock-hard McDonalds french fries for? What else did you think Microsoft spent all that money, that they saved by shipping a broken-as-hell piece of shit console, on?

Travis: Oral sex. You pay me french-fries for oral sex. Funny thing, that's also my answer to your third question- I was damn sure they spent their shitty console savings on blowies. As for the moon colony, I'm 90% sure you're thinking of Space Mountain.

Alex: Nah, that's what Gates trained the chimp for, and Space Mountain is just an urban legend, idiot. Anyway, I think most of this E3 is already in the bag. I mean, all but one of the Imagine games have already leaked, and after that there aren't too many jaw-dropping surprises anyone can throw at us.

Shifty Pete will cut you for those fries.

Travis: Every year, during E3, I can't help but think the entire video game industry is wasting their time. Think about it- no one is ever going to top Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D. Why even try?

Alex: I'm waiting for the year that Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D 2 is announced. Now that is an E3 I'll report on!

Travis: This has been a great talk, Alex. Wanna go masturbate in the bathroom at the public library?

Alex: Sorry, but I told Shifty Pete I'd meet him in the McDonalds dumpster.

0 comments:

About The Inquisitor

The Game Inquisitor is the most respected news source for video games around. We report the news that most game sites are afraid to talk about. Back during the release of Wii Music, we were the only site that had the balls to write about how Miyamoto's pact with the devil had expired and he was officially cut off from his free stream of ideas.

If you want to keep getting lied to, then go ahead and read those other sites. We'll still be here, reporting the real news.

The Truth Soldiers

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP